2017 Power to Heal Campaign
MedStar Health launched the 2017 Giving: The Power to Heal Campaign on Monday, Oct. 2. This campaign invites associates and physicians to invest through philanthropy and support patient experience initiatives across the system.
A Focus on Patient Experience
Our focus this year is to support, enhance, and sustain a variety of patient experience initiatives across MedStar Health.
In collaboration with leadership and the Power to Heal Campaign Committee, specific initiatives have been developed to enhance the experience of our patients and their families. Commitments to MedStar Harbor Hospital will help purchase the C.A.R.E Channel, which displays soothing music and scenery for patients and families, as well as, stress reduction items for clinicians within the hospital. Funds will also support a Mobile Health Unit which provides medical services and treatments directly within the community of South Baltimore’s underserved patient population.
Gratitude has the Power to Heal
We will celebrate our growing culture of gratitude by creating awareness about philanthropy and how it can impact our patients and their families. Expressions of gratitude have been shown to increase positivity and happiness, deepening our relationships with one another.
Cheryl Harding, secretary, and Tiffany Hall, RN, BA, manager, have worked together for the past eight years in the Behavioral Health Unit at MedStar Harbor Hospital. Their friendship and gratitude for one another has created a powerful, positive working environment seen through their everyday life. “Cheryl makes everyone around her smile on the hardest of days. She is someone that can change a day, a shift, or a moment just by walking into the room.” Tiffany is beyond grateful to be able to work alongside her friend for so long.
Cheryl shares the same sentiment. She explains her gratitude for Tiffany’s personable and relatable attitude. "She tries so hard to help associates daily and keep a positive attitude throughout. Overall, her approach reflects in the teamwork displayed on the unit."
Ways to Participate
Choose the option that’s best for you.
- One-year payroll deduction: begins on the first Jan. 2018 pay date and occurs for all pay periods in 2018 – minimum of $2 per pay period required
- One-time payroll deduction: total gift will be deducted on the first Jan. 2018 pay date – minimum of $5 total payroll deduction - please use printable form only
- One-time gift: credit card, cash or check
Gifts of Gratitude
Make Your Gift in Gratitude to a Colleague!
Did you know gratitude has the Power to Heal? This is true for our patients, their families and even our associates. The Power to Heal campaign is your opportunity to make a gift in gratitude to an associate who has made an impact on you. Once a commitment is made, you will receive an email with the Gifts of Gratitude eCard where you can express your gratitude to your honoree with a personal note. If a gift has been made in your honor by a colleague on their commitment form, you will be notified after the campaign.
Choose to make a Gift of Gratitude online or via the printable commitment form today!
A new commitment form must be submitted each year; please complete the online form:
Or download the printable gift form and return via:
- Email to [email protected]
- Mail to/Drop off: Megan Leffner, Office of Philanthropy, MedStar Harbor Hospital, 3001 South Hanover St., Baltimore, MD 21225
- Frequently Asked Questions – learn more about the Power to Heal Campaign
- Giving to United Way of Central Maryland - You may choose to direct some or all of your gift to the United Way of Central Maryland through your participation in this campaign. Learn more about giving to United Way of Central Maryland. For information on designating a gift to the United Way gift, call Jean Sonni at 410-772-6670
Questions? Contact Megan Leffner, senior philanthropy officer, at 410-350-8271 or via email at [email protected].