Every expectant mother hopes for a smooth pregnancy. Some women may require some extra support for certain things, such as:
- Multiple fetuses
- Chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease
- Babies who are not developing normally
At MedStar Harbor Hospital, we have high-risk pregnancy specialists who focus on prenatal evaluation and care.
Services they provide include:
- Maternal-fetal medicine counseling
- Reproductive genetics counseling
- Fetal diagnosis
- Cancer genetics
Our team of specialists has performed thousands of fetal diagnostic procedures, such as:
- First trimester screening and nuchal translucency
- Chorionic villus sampling (transabdominal and transcervical)
- Placental biopsy
- Fetal monitoring with biophysical profiles and non-stress tests
These tests can identify fetal chromosomal abnormalities, congenital anomalies and fetal growth abnormalities, as well as confirm a healthy baby.