Josh Billings, regional director for MedStar NRH, evaluates a runner through video motion analysis.
MedStar NRH-MedStar Harbor Hospital Sports Medicine's Running Injury Clinic combines highly skilled therapists with cutting edge technology.
- Thorough history of previous injuries in runners have been shown to increase future injury risk by 3x.
- Discussion of runner's individual goals, anything from beginners looking for an injury prevention program and guidance to run their first 5K, to elite athletes looking for a marathon personal record.
- Posture, strength, and flexibility testing.
- Video motion analysis. We will review biomechanics and correlate findings to deficits found in posture, strength and flexibility. This comprehensive analysis will look at the entire runner head to toe.
- An individualized exercise program to target any findings in the exam which increase injury risk or compromise training or performance.
- Footwear recommendations
We generally leave specific details to coaches, but give outlines regarding:
- Safely increasing mileage and intensity based on current injury.
- Incorporating cross training and use of the Alter-G Anti-Gravity treadmill. The Alter-G allows us to decrease impact forces (the #1 risk in running injuries) and give our runners a safer and more gradual return to their desired training volume and intensity.
- Self-pay packages are available for our standardized return to running progression after a stress fracture, and for athletes looking for a performance edge to supplement their training.
The physical therapists in our Running Injury Clinic have extensive training in video motion analysis, and are runners themselves. Our combination of personal and professional experience, combined with technology previously available only to elite athletes, adds up to a high caliber program to help you run healthy.
To schedule an appointment, please call
MedStar NRH-MedStar Harbor Hospital Sports Medicine
2900 South Hanover St.
Baltimore, Maryland 21225
Hours of Operation
- Monday 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.