- ACL Injury Prevention Program
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- Arthritis Program
- Falls Prevention Program
- Foot and Ankle Services
- Golf Enhancement Program
- Manual Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Repetitive Motion Disorder Services
- Running Injury Clinic
- Spine Services
- Sports Medicine Program
Sports Medicine Therapists
Josh Billings, PT, MPT
- Regional Director
- Running Program Coordinator
- Susquehanna University, Bachelors in Biology 1995
- University of Delaware, Masters in Physical Therapy 1997
Josh is the director of four MedStar NRH clinics and treats patients at MedStar NRH-MedStar Harbor Hospital Sports Medicine. His clinical passions and expertise focus on treating runners and baseball players. Josh was a collegiate middle distance runner and has run a sub-three-hour Boston Marathon. He enjoys community outreach and speaking engagements focused on injury prevention for runners and throwers.
Sean M. Jones, PT, DPT, CSCS
- University of Delaware, Bachelors in Health and Physical Education 2003
- MGH Institute of Health Professions, Doctorate in Physical Therapy 2012
Sean has been a certified Strength and Conditioning Coach through the NSCA, National Strength and Conditioning Association, since 2006. Before becoming a physical therapist, Sean operated a personal training business for several years. He has extensive experience in manual therapy and biomechanics and can treat a wide range of athletes. Sean is one of our foremost experts in video analysis for runners.
Justin Cooper PT, MPT, SCS
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Master of Physical Therapy 2003
- University of Maryland at College Park, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology 1999
Justin serves as MedStar NRH’s mentorship coordinator for the Sports Medicine Program and is the clinical specialist for sports medicine. He has helped develop our Golf Enhancement Program as well as the ACL Injury Prevention and Return to Play programs for ACL patients.
Renee Schroeder, MPT
- Kent State University, Bachelor of Science in Integrated Health Services 2002
- Andrews University, Master in Physical Therapy 2004
- CSST, Certified Senior Strength Trainer, through IWA
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapist
Renee has worked in acute rehab with a focus on neuro patients as well as working with post-operative joint replacements. She transitioned to outpatient therapy, with a focus on general orthopaedics, sports medicine, and joint replacements, and is now the lead therapist for our Total Joint Program at MedStar Harbor Hospital Sports Medicine.
Carissa Colangelo, MS, ATC, PTA, CSCS
- MedStar NRH Coordinator of Athletic Training
- California University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Science Athletic Training , Associate Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant 2001
- Ohio University, Master of Athletic Training, Master of Higher Education 2003
Carissa is a former collegiate rugby player and former professor of athletic training at King’s College. Her unique training has been the ideal preparation for her role as a skilled hands-on therapist who understands the needs of our active population. Carissa has been an integral player in developing and implementing our ACL Injury Prevention and Return To Play programs. She is a regular speaker at community and team events, as well as for university therapy programs.
Christopher Brandt ATC, PTA
- Quinnipiac University, Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training, Sports Medicine 2007
- Kent State University, Physical Therapy Assistant 2013
Chris treated patients for four years at University of Rochester Medical Center Sports Medicine as an athletic trainer in a local high school and sports medicine clinic. He was an athletic trainer for the Rochester Red Wings (Minnesota Twins AAA), and has been the rehabilitation coordinator for Loyola University Maryland’s athletic teams since joining MedStar Harbor Hospital Sports Medicine.