In the event your child would need to be admitted to the hospital, MedStar Harbor has a dedicated pediatric unit. We know how frightening a hospital stay can be for you and your child, so we've created a unit with you in mind. Our team is here to offer expert care and compassion in a comfortable and convenient environment.
MedStar Harbor's pediatric unit is staffed 24 hours a day by in-house pediatricians and a highly qualified nursing staff. As a parent, you are encouraged to visit at any time and may even spend the night in your child's room.
We've created a unit to help children feel at ease:
- There is a well-equipped playroom.
- Parents are encouraged to visit at any time and may spend the night in their child's room.
- Healthcare practitioners build strong relationships with patients and families.
- Practitioners provide comprehensive care from infancy to adulthood.
Awards and Recognition
- Sushma Bhasin, MD “Chesapeake Family Favorite Doc” by Chesapeake Family magazine (2012)
- Marta Markman, MD, “Chesapeake Family Favorite Doc” by Chesapeake Family magazine (2013)
- Naomi Shaikh, MD “Chesapeake Family Favorite Doc” by Chesapeake Family magazine (2012)
- Young Youn, MD “Chesapeake Family Favorite Doc” by Chesapeake Family magazine (2012, 2013)
To schedule an appointment, please call 855-546-1978.
MedStar Harbor Hospital
3001 South Hanover St.
Gruehn Building, Suite 108
Baltimore, MD 21225