MedStar Harbor Hospital offers adult outpatient assessment and treatment of mood and anxiety disorders including depression, panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, specific phobias, and obsessive compulsive disorder as well trichotillomania and body dysmorphic disorder. Cognitive behavioral therapy addresses maladaptive behaviors, thoughts, and emotions in a systematic, time-limited and goal-oriented way. In addition, the program provides evidence-based interventions such as Exposure and Response Prevention for treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Therapies to treat mood disorders include:
- Antidepressants to control depression, suicidal thoughts and a tendency towards obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Mood stabilizers to reduce mood swings
- Antipsychotic medications to control violent outbursts, psychosis and agitation
- Anti-anxiety medications to relieve anxiety and foster better sleep
- Psychotherapy to provide coping strategies and manage behavioral problems
For more information, please call (855) 206-7284.
MedStar Harbor Hospital
3001 South Hanover St.
Baltimore, MD 21225