Pharmacy Residency Program
The Medstar Harbor Hospital (MHH) Department of Pharmacy Services is committed to providing the highest quality postgraduate training in contemporary hospital pharmacy practice. The program is designed to meet the resident's individual needs and assist them in attaining their personal and professional goals. The MHH offer unique opportunities for pharmacists who desire advanced training in pharmacy practice in a variety of practice settings. Our 12-month PGY1 program emphasizes all aspect of clinical and pharmacological management in adult and neonatal patients.
Medstar Harbor Hospital Pharmacy Residency Mission Statement:
The mission of the MHH Pharmacy Residency Program is to assist residents in transition from an entry-level to advanced or specialty-trained practitioners in the health-system environment and to become professionals who optimize medication use for individual patients and patient populations. The MHH advances the professional practice level and knowledge base of the resident through a progression of experiences tailored to their individual needs.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship/Infectious diseases
- Critical Care
- Internal Medicine
- Medication Safety
- Pharmacy Operation/Orientation
- Behavioral Health
- Emergency Medicine
- Pharmacy Informatics
- Ambulatory Care/Anticoagulation Clinic
Education and Teaching
- Pharmacy Journal Club
- Patient Case Presentations
- Pharmacy Grand Rounds
- Academic Teaching Certificate – Local College of Pharmacy (optional)
- ACPE Continuing Education Seminar
- Nursing In-services
- Co-precepting of APPE Pharmacy Students on rotation
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting – financially supported by the MHH
- Regional Pharmacy Resident Conference - financially supported by the MHH
One original research project related to pharmacy practice is required. Data will be presented at the Eastern States Residency Conference. Manuscript preparation suitable for publication.
- The anticipated yearly stipend: Competitive
- Healthcare coverage includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life and disability insurance.
- Online library access, photocopying, resident office with individual desk and computer, free parking, and discounted meals.
- Reasonable expenses are reimbursed for the ASHP Mid-Year meeting and Regional Pharmacy Residency Conference.
- Residents will have allotted vacation time as well as professional time to attend meetings and interviews.
- ACLS/BLS training and certification
All candidates must meeting the following criteria:
- Pharm.D. Degree from an ACPE accredited College of Pharmacy
- Participate in the ASHP Post Graduate Year One Residency Matching Program
- Able to start July 1
- Eligible for Maryland Licensure
Note: MHH Department of Pharmacy does not sponsor candidates for H-1B visa status to work as pharmacy residents.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Online application via PhORCAS
- Letter of intent
- Three references completed via PhORCAS
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official college academic transcript
- Pharmacy career grade point average 3.0 or greater
- Application deadline is January 5
- Our program code is #255513
Residency Program Director
Chris C Muskelly, Pharm.D, MS, BCPS
MedStar Harbor Hospital
Department of Pharmacy
3001 South Hanover St.
Baltimore, MD 21225
Email: [email protected]